Monday, January 26, 2009

26-01-09 (Monday) "Chinese New Year"

First things first... HAPPY CHIMOONESE NEW YEAR PPL!! feels gd 2 b celebrating CNY in dear ol' Miri again! More like in dear ol' SARAWAK, actually, with all the *BOOM**PRIAKPRIAKPRIAK**awwws....* that the police don't bother catching cos' they'd be all over town tracking d source only to find that they dun haf enuf cells in the prisons to accommodate everyone. So they do the smart thing. (Ignorance is bliss) They ENJOY THE SHOW!!!
I was looking back upon the CNYs in the past, of how my emphasis has always been on the angpaws/angpaos/hongpaos/angbaos/moneybaos that I get during this period. I always stared and wondered, "how come my siblings so gesi, oways get so much angpao money but i only get like.. sikit-sikit just enuf to last me till the end of February?"
So, I got smart and decided that it must be cos' I don't go around visiting. Ahh.... Money doesn't grow on trees, u know... U hafta go n EARN it. So... Go bai nian lo. Then, my 'income' increased over the years.

Now ah... Everytime some relative gives their nephews/nieces angpao, the parents hafta gif back to that uncle/aunt either similar amount or MORE... Now I realized how troublesome being 客气 is. What to do? We Asians what... Face heavy ah.

Now, having grown older,(Reminder: Age starting with '2' le. Not young anymore. I think I'm disqualified from receiving angpaos alrdy.) I realize that the fun is no longer in the angpaos but really in the meeting up with friends n visiting friends. Its d fellowship and all d fun we haf tat's important during CNY! So... This year... WHO CARES HOW MUCH MONEY I GET FROM ANGPAOS? AS LONG AS I GET TO VISIT MY DEAR PALS, ENOUGH LE!!

p.s all the 'Ke Qi' stuff between relatives has alrdy come n gone. all my aunts n uncles who're d super 'kay ki'(foochow) one all alrdy gif n take angpao lo. :)

No comments: