Tuesday, January 20, 2009

20-01-09 (Tuesday) "Rain"


Its been raining so much that I think all the rain here adds up to more rain than the whole of Australia and southern Africa receives... In 5 years!

Rain always brings with that rainy smell. You know what I'm talking about. That smell that rushes through your nostrils when you open a window while its raining outside, or when you open the door wide and take a deep breath. I like that smell. It reminds me of how awesome God is, of His creativity when He created.

I do however, prefer when rain comes at more opportune times, like when I'm about to go to sleep. (Of course, these few days... Since its raining for practically the WHOLE day, its ALWAYS raining when I'm about to sleep.) That way, I can carry on with my outdoor activities per normal. Puts things in perspectives as well. I am not in control of MANY things in life, so I can make all the plans and decisions but there still is Someone greater in charge. I just hafta do MY part and leave the rest to Him.

By the way... Have I ever mentioned that Olympus digital cameras pretty suck? Sure, when they're brand new, they take rather stunning pictures. Give it a month or two and those pictures start becoming worse and worse... I've tried 2 (NEW) Olympus digicams over the past 2 years plus and my mom's 5-yr-old-plus Nikon digicam still owns its metal bottom! I think only daytime pictures come out rather decent on this camera now. :( Dunno abt their dSLRs yet but I think EVERYONE goes for Nikon or Canon*wink*. I think Canon Ixus digicams are THE BEST!

HELP!!! Anyone know how to get there?!

Rain down
Give me strength to cross this water
Keep my heart upon Your altar, Rain down
Keep my feet, don't let me falter,
Rain down

~"Rain Down"
Delirious?

4 comments:

Christine Wong said...

i think the smell comes from the road..when the water drops on hot surface of road..haha...

jtkl89 said...

ahh... sth scientific. anyway... i STILL like tat smell. :P tat just means its taking away d heat from d ground rite? which is good, rite?

Christine Wong said...

I think so.
I love that smell too...
btw,thanks for your sharing!!!!! :)

jtkl89 said...

thx 4 having me share. ;)
feels so home-ey going back there. hee...