Wednesday, January 14, 2009

14-01-09 (Wednesday) "Doing Good"

What exactly defines altruism? The act of action without expecting rewards? Or just the mere action of doing good itself?

If I'm constantly doing good with the motivation that I WILL be rewarded for my good deeds someday, be it on earth or in Heaven, does that still mean I'm doing good? Ada udang di sebalik batu ni... Are my actions still worthy of praise?

... Or am I just another hypocrite?

In that case, charity itself is not sth good anymore. People are giving so that others will see them in a different light... so that they gain respect... so that they gain support...

... Or... Those who're doing good because their religion tells them to do so... They're just doing it so that they have it well when they enter into heaven, no?

Hmmmm... I'm rather perplexed myself. What do YOU think?

Take me, mould me
Use me and fill me...

5 comments:

Christine Wong said...

It's human nature i think. everyone have that thoughts. Since we can help much with that, just do as much good deeds as we can and then pray to get rid of that thoughts.
Dont blame yourself..u're not a hypocrite.. :D

jtkl89 said...

but wat i'm asking is tat... y're we actually doing all these gd deeds? even 4 d sake of d happiness we get from seeing others happy, tat in itself is sth 2 satisfy ur own self, right?

Christine Wong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine Wong said...

Can that thought be avoided? lols..

The selfishness that exist in everyone,i guess....We tend to think and satisfy ourselves first than anyone. Just like we always "accidentally" put ourselves in top priority instead of God.
But i dont think we need to doubt much when doing good deeds...


p/s: lols..i dont know...ask your mom..haha!

jtkl89 said...

gd thoughts, Christine. :P
i absolutely agree. Humans r sadly rather selfish. Hard 2 actually find ppl tat r not. inherent, mayb?