Saturday, March 21, 2009

21-03-09 (Saturday) "Inward Bound"

It was 9.30pm. After a highly uncomfortable hour-long(slightly more I think...) car ride while blindfolded, we were dropped up with our teammates to stand blindfolded in the dark, while they drove off, while we waited for the 5-minute alarm to go off before we took off our blindfolds.

... Mock drop begins...

Just got back from the Inward Bound mock drop. My team managed to get to the endpoint only at around 1.15 am just now. 25+km. In the night. At the start of autumn. With a load of about 5kg behind your back. Freaking strenuous physically and mentally. I guess the relief and the high I get when I reached the endpoint made it quite worthwhile.

It kinda just made me think of how despite all the struggles and hardships we face in life, even though it gets really tough to keep on going at times, focusing on the endpoint and the reward then kinda just gives us the motivation to push on.

I was also thinking of the fact that in spite of all the pain I was going through, it barely compares to what Jesus underwent on His way to the cross. Aaaagggghhhh....

I don't care what you say. SLRs rock! Btw... The pics had NOTHING to do with the mock drop. First two pics were on campus. Other 2 weren't.

I am gonna sleep so nicely and wake up so lately and start today once again so lazily...

Nights!... Or... Mornings!

No comments: