Thursday, April 26, 2007

26-04-07 A Lost Cause: Saving Mother Earth

There's no hope left. Our world is destined to ruins in the hands of us two-legged monsters.

I wanted to turn of 1 row of lights out of 6 in class today.1 row out of 6 ROWS!!! Each ROW consists of 3 or 4 pairs of flourescent lights... My classmate was complaining that it's not as bright without that row of lights. Do you have cataracts or what? Wahlao eh... Then, I asked a few other classmates whether they mind if I turned off another row of lights shining in front of our row since we'd still be able to red and see quite well with the row of lights behind us still on. They gave me the "what-a-silly-lil'-thought" kind of face but still said they won't mind. I asked the teacher but HE said "Don't bother about it..." What can I say? Simple, small stuff like this also they don't bother to bother about... Let's not even THINK abt conserving our environment as a whole! All too used to luxury and ignorant abt the situation we're getting ourselves into ah...!!!

Then... I went to the canteen straight after the sound signifying the end of lecture sounded. The "Yong Tau Fu & Noodles" stall aunties gave me a styrofoam bowl instead of the normal plastic bowl. When I asked, one of them just said that they don't have time to wash so after we eat we can just throw it away. Okay... Fine... I was jsut gonna reach for the chopsticks and spoon when she swiftly passed me a pair of disposable wooden "poisonous" chopsticks and plastic spoons to add to the pile of dump I'm gonna leave behind just for a SINGLE meal! I feel so guilty already...! I guess the amount of artificial flavouring they put into the soup is supposed to even things out, killing me slowly as I kill the earth slowly too, eh?

How long will out earth last? WHEN can she take unpaid leaves from us humans???!!! Why must we be so selfish...!! WHY??!!!

4 comments:

Frank said...

Ur entry reminds me of Michael Jackson singing the Earth Song lol.
And not to be meticulous, ur entry had a lot of typos XD.

Anyways, very enlightening entry. I used to love nature very much last time, even joined a nature club when i was small... well not so now but still am moderately aware of environmental concerns.

At least ur classrooms are using florescent lights =p. And about poisoning urself from consuming hydrocarbons, i guess it's tough to avoid it these days especially in Asian countries.

jtkl89 said...

shoot... i tend 2 make lotsa typos when i'm p***ed i guess... Hahah...

"Used to"? U don anymore then ah?

but not the new energy-conserving type eh.. still waste of energy ah! it's not a habit tat CANT b gotten rid of wat, rite?

Anonymous said...

Nice entry joseph.. I like the way u describe everything.. =)

jtkl89 said...

huh? even the typos? hahah... Thanks Wansin... surprised 2 c ur comment.