Friday, April 20, 2007

20-04-07 AJC Choir Concert : VoYaJe

This Monday, I was cordially invited to Anderson Junior College's concert by my other scholar friends there.

Erin, Eunice and Suen Xin were all performing. $16. I was kinda reluctant to go initially. I HAVE been over-spending over these few weeks already!
But since they're performing already, I know how much it means to be performing and have friends or family ocme and support so I decided to show some love... Sweet, yea? Heehee... Anyway, Arvind wanted to mug so I was on my own... Again...
This was my first time going to the Esplanade at night. Really IS quite a magnificent sight with the iridiscent colours reflecting off the durian-shaped landmark. The small park leading to the Esplanade itself was quite a romantic place for a night-time stroll with 'loved ONE'. Hahah...


This is actually the first time I got to see the night scene of Central Singapore! What a breathtaking view! I'd never thought I'd get to see buildings standing out against a cloudy night sky with their lights on in a city like this! I think I'd better come out more!

Anyway... As I got back quite late from school, I arrived only JUST on time but it had already started so we had to wait outside the entrance for the 'latecomers queue'.

Heheh... They should ahve this in church too. "Late comer? Sorry. Wait for the latecomers' cue to enter... If there IS one. If not, I guess you'll just have to wait till the sermon starts, eh?"

Instead of just standing there straining my neck looking at that plasma screen with a miniature version of the actual performance, I decided to take a REALY short walk to the loo.

Passed by this grand staircase on my way there. Wow... Sexy...

Here's the loo. Cute, ain't it? Clean too!

Even takes into consideration the midgets we have around. A lower peepot JUST for them on the left! Even saves WALKING DISTANCE! Heheh... Or maybe it's just for the kids...

The toilet even has a mirror opposite the peepots? AWKWARD!! If I hadn't noticed, I'd have been peeing halfway and then turn around and...

... PEEPING TOM!!! Interesting place to put a mirror though... Really! Imagine guys doing their hair while they're 'busy'...

Classy sink for hand-washing too! It shines!!


These autotaps are quite popular in grand public toilets here in Singapore. Just put your hand under the tap and.... *SSsshhHHHhhhh* It's so shiny you can see my reflection. Wow...

Suddenly it seems like I'm blogging more about the toilet rather than the event itself...
Well... i really wish I could show you some pictures of the stunning performance but... Pictures and any form of recording's illegal in the Esplanade Theater so... I can only say this.

Listening to such wonderful sounds by just voices and no other instrument, I finally realize why ppl say that the best music instrument ever is our voice. God really made us so special that we can and SHOULD be proud of ourselves.

A choir that got Honours in The singapore Youth Festival(SYF) 2 years ago can sound so angelic. I can't wait to hear the ANGELS singing in the future.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." ~ 2 Corinthians 4:18

7 comments:

AJ said...

lol, i laugh a lot when i reach d toilet part : D

jtkl89 said...

wat's so funny abt a toilet? heheh... jk.

-=]ssp[=- said...

This is interesting..
Singapore is advanced, no doubt. Hehe

AJ said...

is just that, no one in the right mind wud ever take pics of how clean d toilet is and put it in their blog. 'imagine guys doing their hair while they're 'busy'? lol.

jtkl89 said...

*ahem*... some1 jz implied tat i'm not in my right mind... I feel insulted, I'm sure God feels so too, for a creation of His 2 b insulted... hmmmphhh..
:P

priaPujangga said...

haha! joseph!! i like the photo of u at the peepot!! (i'll just pretend i dont know what ur doing.. hehe) look so innocent.. but we both know the real truth.. lol.

jtkl89 said...

heehee... 'thank u' so much 4 the enlightening, amin.. heheh...