Thursday, April 05, 2007

05-04-07 Take Out the Plank In Your Own Eye First...

Being in the school library and lecture halls(LTs) quite often, it's becoming quite a norm to hear ppl go "SSHHHHHhhh!!!" or the rounded teacher-in-charge suddenly appear at the counter starting her scolding of everyone in the library, including innocent muggers(like me!). Almost every time, the person doing the scolding would mention sth abt being considerate abt those who actually want to study or read.

I would also think abt how inconsiderate those ppl are, blabbering away like free (How ppl here would phrase it...), talking as if their normal voice is below 20dB, beyond the audible range. I'd feel very annoyed at times. As I come to think of it again, I think I know where the problem lies. Remember 'Superposition" in physics? No one is actually talking really loud, it's just that everyone's talking softly TOGETHER. Their sound waves then travel TOGETHER, making their voices seem rather loud alTOGETHER! Wow! I guess my lil' whispers and small chitter-chatter here and there have actually been a 'contributing' factor to all that din all the while too, eh? It's only now that I realize I shouldn't be pointing at others when I wouldn't be a great role model myself!

But, of course... those ppl [ESP girls (no sexism here... It's just quite true...!)] who talk super loud or (Hmm.... Maybe it should be AND) giggle like they're short of breath at the mere sight of some hunk sneezing while everyone else is trying to listen to the racist lecturer crack lame jokes, DO try to be more considerate, yeah? Guys who discuss Man Utd losing 2-1 to Roma in the first leg, self-control too, yeah? Guys have deeper voices that're actually even MORE audible AND irritating ah...!

No comments: