Friday, October 30, 2009

30-10-09 (Friday) "Reflection of a Future Life"

Having gone through almost a full year of university now, I've come to see that our lifestyle in university is a good reflection of how our lives will be in the future when in the workforce.

There're those who can't be bothered to cook, so they just eat out a lot (This applies more for self-catered hall residents).
Then there are those that spend most of their time trying to settle their work and try their best to avoid contact with other humans with work as an excuse.
Not forgotten are those that just find an excuse to not exercise or do anything physically demanding.
Also, there are those (albeit classified under 'Endangered', closing in on extinction) that work on their assignments the moment they're made available, and NOT a day or two before the due date.

Which leads me to my next point... God does not deserve the treatment we give Him.

How much time we give to God shows how high we rank God on our 'Priority List'. My heart cries out for those of us who only spare our excess time for God. When something of a certain level of significance pops up, we happily let it take over our "God-time". I am NOT saying this with a judgmental tone as I am in no position to do that. I am honestly pained by seeing my brothers- and sisters-in-Christ and myself in such situations and I pray that we eventually outgrow this, together.

After all... Which one is the one that will make you think, "I'm glad I spent more time on this back then" a few decades/centuries down the road?

I look forward to the day when I step off the plane and take you in slowly and firmly...
... Treasuring EVERY.SINGLE.MOMENT. With you...
... KAMPUA/KOLOK MEE!!!!

No comments: