Wednesday, October 07, 2009

07-09-09 (Wednesday) "The Future"

Just got back from Kioloa for an OCF Bible Study Leaders' Retreat just now. Its been a great time of refreshment, learning and of fellowship.

With no regards to that, I've somehow been looking into the future these few days. My own, in particular. I wondered (and still am wondering)... What will I be doing after my degree? Working in Shell Miri? Working here in Australia?

What kind of life will I be having, 9-5 working hours and doing nothing but being a couch potato after that? Or maybe I'd still be able to squeeze in regular exercise then?

Will I maintain my marital status permanently? Maybe even be able to enter the missionary field or voluntary workforce because of the absence of family to hold me down?

Will I even start looking for girlfriends in the near future? What if I were to become a father? Would I be capable of bringing up God-fearing children, ideally through example? Should I even be thinking of this whole "issue"?

Will I have changed for the better much (I'm only hoping for the better, don't wanna think of the worse)? Will I have increased my capacity to bless? Am I gonna be a greater giver and a lesser receiver?

Thinking through all these stuff, I'm constantly reminded of having to trust in God to have THE BEST plans for me and my future (Jer 29:11) and not having to worry about it (Matt 6:34). Sure... That's true but... Can't help wondering every now and then, no? After all... I am only human. :\

Of course, I also ponder upon how interesting it is that despite knowing how insignificant all these will be in light of eternity, I will still hafta be putting in effort to achieve certain things.

And now, Colossians 3:17 pops up. Its all for you, God. All for you.

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord,
'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "
~ Jeremiah 29:11
"Therefore fo not worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own."
~ Matthew 6:34
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed,
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
~ Colossians 3:17
The Bible (NIV)

No comments: