Monday, October 19, 2009

20-10-09 (Monday) "Time Period Reversal"

Thinking back 5 years ago...

Wow... I was Form 3 only back then. Probably sitting for/just finished my PMR, enjoying myself totally, making fun of all the Form 5 seniors of ours... Maybe still having some crush on some random person... Still the obnoxious, annoying little brat...

Much has changed. Much. In that 5 years, God has taken His sweet time to mold and shape me into who I am now. My friends have changed. My circle of friends have changes depending on where I end up in... So much change...

Now, I imagine myself being 45 or 50 years old and THEN think back 5 years or so...

Over the same period, I'd imagine that things wouldn't have seem to have changed much. I'd probably still be working the same job, everyone in the family are about the same (unless there're children around...),

It IS relative to how long you've lived, isn't it? When I was kid back in primary school, a year seems like its never gonna end. Heck, sitting down in church for an hour would seem even longer than anything I had to endure.

Now... Hours just fly by without me realizing... Suddenly I'm at the end of my 1st year. Gonna be 21 years old in no time... My goodness... If only time would slow down for me catch up.

Onto the MAIN point... Think of our lifetime in view of eternity. We live to 60, 70, maybe 80 plus years old. Change seems to happen over a longer and longer period of time. When we were young, we learn to NOT do something within 10 minutes of doing it (parents spank us straight after we do it ma...). Then, it probably takes a few days to learn from a mistake we did in some relationship... Following that, it would take up to weeks or months to change an attitude or perspective... Eventually... Our whole lifetime is spent on correcting(hopefully) our character. When we start living into eternity... This short lifetime of non-stop correction would seem relatively short, just like how we learned from that first spanking. And we start appreciating all that happened in this "short period".

Are you living this lifetime to improve yourself? Feels like you're getting nowhere? Don't give up on yourself yet... It just takes time. Keep at it. "Fight the good fight". You'll start to appreciate all that happens in this "short period of time" soon enough.

Most importantly...

You're not alone. =)

"Fight the good fight of faith."
~ 1 Timothy 6:12a
The Bible

No comments: