Saturday, October 10, 2009

10-09-09 (Saturday) "Firsts"

Today, I remember all the "milestones" over my past 20 years ++. Looking back to those days, I remember how small things now were once a huge step for the growing me. I don't wanna list everyth but only the things I really remember. They're not in chronological order. Just fit whatever wherever seems fitting. =)

My first day in kindergarten, Tadika Sri Indah.
My first day in kindergarten without my parents.
My first day in kindergarten without my parents without crying.
My first scar (i.e my "dimple")
My first birthday present.
My first day in primary school.
My first clique.

My first kena rotan in class. (And many to follow after that...)
My first time bringing back my report card *beams* (became a more frightening event over time...)
My first time getting caught by prefect. (Step on the grass on the slope at the toilet ah, remember? The prefect so sweet-talk somemore, made it sound like he's bringing me to some candy shop... -.-)

My first time donning a red tie.
My first crush. =P
My first time going on stage.
My first time getting an award.

*Fast forward* *BZZWWWZZZZHHWWWHHHTTT*

My first decision to get right and get serious with God.
My first time playing drums. (Sunday school)
My first time fiddling with a guitar. (OUCH!)
My first time praying out loud in a group.
My first time serving in the youth/main service.
My first time in KL.
My first time in Sunway Lagoon.

My first long-haul flight/travelling overseas. (New Zealand)
My first time touching snow.
My first national exam. (UPSR)
My first pimple. O.o#
My first chat online. (Neh... in mIRC ah... simple click a nickname in #mirians and then go "a/s/l?")
My first time playing Settlers of Catan.

My first time playing badminton/ping pong/basketball/football.
My first handphone.
My first time driving.
My first near-death experience.
My first physical loss of a friend.
My first time getting accepted for a scholarship.
My first camera.

My first time studying abroad.

My first (& only) laptop.

My first non-Sarawakian Malaysian friends.

My first church services in Singapore. (Geylang MC, City Harvest, Cornerstone and Christ MC)
My first time shaving. (Hair For Hope. A good cause la... =P )

Man I miss the room and the mess in VH. =P
My first 'A' Levels paper.
My first time in Australia!
My first meal prepared all by myself.
My first day being an undergraduate.
My first dSLR.

My first OCF gathering.
My first time serving in OCF.
My first time in Sydney.

My first Hillsong Conference.

My first paid work.
My first roadtrip.

My first time driving in Australia.
My first roadkill. -.-

The list IS exhaustible and I shall stop after all that.

I hope that in running through my own past, you also recall all the "firsts" that you had in your life. I ask you now to spend just a short moment thinking through those "firsts" and realize that its been a long way that you've come, and also to realize how blessed you are, in all that you had to suffer through, all the trials... That all those turned out to mold you into the character you are now... That you've come out stronger and wiser. See it now? I know I did and still do.


p.s. Oh oh... Black saves energy from your monitor display apparently... ;)

Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the father of heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows.

~ James 1:17
The Bible (NIV)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

whoopieee

jtkl89 said...

wat!?