Wednesday, December 31, 2008

31-12-2008 (Wednesday) "A Photo Entry"

Pics from my trip back to Sibu and Sarikei for Kee San(cousin)'s wedding. These are more for those city boys and girls who never been to towns or kampungs. If you haven't seen many of these stuff... Well, you know what I'm talking about. :P

This old
ding bian hu(Foochow: tiam piang hoo) shop that my mom used to eat at when she was young. Still around though not as nice as it was(so my mom says...) as the sifu has let the apprentice take over.


Yes, it wasn't as nice as the last time I came but nevertheless, STILL NICE!

The stuff that grinds rice grains into the stuff that we eat. Super antique la.. So cool... The person there was adding grain in then it just keeps spinning and spinning, grinding and grinding... spinning... Dizzy...

I bet many haven't seent THIS before. A DURIAN TREE! A normal person's height is about the bottom of the roof of that small structure behind the tree. So you can see the size...


Pomelo tree!...

...And they're bearing fruits!! They're basically overgrown oranges that have nothing coloured orange la. Gotta taste it to love it!

Wall of my grandpa(mom's side)'s dining room. The whole place is wooden and on stilts. As kampung as one can get!

The view from beside the toilet, which is outside the kitchen. Those used to be hen coops and uh... A rabbit coop if i'm not mistaken.

Grandpa's dog...

... And cats. The spotted one's the mom. The meow-ing one just reminds me of a real life, slim Garfield. Heheh...

Slicing open the pomelo. This is a mini type of pomelo. The normal pomelo we see more often are like at least double this size. You can see that its no easy task. Heheh.. I love my grandpa's hair. So funky la, white colour... My dad's very close too. Just that his looks more highlighted-ish!

Kid selling fruits along the road on a hot, sunny day. They come really cheap as there're no middle man to reap profits. The kids just some secondary school kid, though.

Jambu air. The green ones taste better in my opinion... Forgot what they're called in English suddenly...

mi gan. mik gang. limau madu. honey tangarine. Never been back to sarawak WITHOUT eating these stuff. Rather different from sunkists cos they can be peeled a lot easier.

Heheh... Reminds me of someone back in Singapore. Heheh... Or should I say... Yekyekyekyekyek... Anyway... These clan stuff quite rampant across Sarawak la.

My cute son-of-my-cousin or in short, nephew. Doesn't like his pics taken but he didn't manage to get me to delete this so... YAY!

Kee San, his lovely wife and Kee San's family.

Panoramic view of Sibu from RH Hotel. I like this feature in the camera, though the camera sucks IMHO.

Heheh. What a proper sign to use for the toilets... "For xxtra smoothness, xxtra taste, make your way to the ladies' or the men's"...

This reminds me of sth earlier this month...

... For Real...

My son-of-my-cousin or nephew... The OLDER one. See what I mean when they don't want their pictures taken?

Glad to be home now thought. Rather tired. And the New Year awaits! 3 more hours! Set your priorities right by then, count your blessings... And remember what you've learnt! God bless and happy new year, ppl!!!

No comments: