Wednesday, December 31, 2008

31-12-2008 (Wednesday) "I've A Story to Tell"

So I just got back from Sibu from this wedding for my cousin and I got one incident I wanna talk about.

There I was... Sitting down at the table in this restaurant for dinner(this was in Sarikei, by my grandma). Then, this stomachache suddenly came. Didn't seem a big thing so I just endured it for the whole meal.

Got back to grandma's place and it still didn't leave, dad got me to lie down on this bed in this room for a while. I insisted it wasn't that serious to be worthy of going to see the doctor at 9pm at his home. Thought that I'd sleep through it.

Got back to uncle's place(where we were overnighting) and I went straight to bed. This was after like two different types of traditional chinese medication I had taken to 'get rid of the "wind" in my belly' and the pain didn't subside. Tried to fall asleep.

By midnight, I concluded it wouldn't go away. The pulsating pain had become absolutely unbearable. Woke my parents up, they woke my aunt up, we went to the doctors. So this was what was running through my mind all that while...

A) All the shaking in the Avanza on the way from Miri had stirred up and mixed up all the food in my belly, causing a major upset after 'accidentally' spilling into my appendix. (Hypothesis rejected. Pain was on the left of belly as parents and aunt said.)

B) All the food in the car had led to a major alteration to the acidity of my stomach juice, rendering it OVER-acid, maybe like... pH -2.0 or sth? Then, the acid ate through my left belly as I lie on my left side on the bed, and all the pain I was experiencing was the acid eating through my big intestines.

C) I had eaten some nasty insect in the
kampua(another version of local 'kolok mee') at Tatau and this insect sacrificed itself in my belly, being digested while protecting its larvae, which was nurtured by all the food in my belly after it 'germinated'(sorry, I dunno what term to use...) and now it was eating through my belly after it has finished all the food in my belly. In the process, it made friends with the tapeworm in my intestines, having taught him how to chew, and they were both simultaneously chewing through my intestines AND my belly with great joy.

D) An undetected tumour in my belly had turned malignant due to the shaking in the Avanza and suddenly took an unforeseen turn from benign growth to fourth-stage cancerous tumour and an operation to remove half my belly would be necessary if I were to survive another year. I would have to feed myself nutritious liquid from a tube that would be grotesquely be inserted into my stomach from my mouth.


I bore the pain without shedding a tear, with each jerk in the car sending up an impulse of pain to my cerebrum. Lo and behold, we finally reached the doorstep of the doctor after a painstaking, torturous FIVE-MINUTE journey!

The doctor felt here and there *stares down blushing* and asked me some questions and he gave me the diagnosis. Sadly, I have managed to get myself in that one day...

... INTESTINAL CRAMPS!

What the heck, man? What happened to all those monster bugs in my belly and the crazy acidic stomach juice? I was half-expecting him to tell my parents and aunt that I'd have to be driven all the way to Sibu hospital for an emergency operation and even so, my fatality was still highly likely.

Anyway... I've had many instances where having these small symptoms have made me imagine several possibilities of me facing death. And I dunno why I actually half-hope to be diagnosed with some uncurable disease. What about you? I feel like hearing some stories from others. Tell them to me in person or through a comment please. I think I'm gonna be free this coming month and the first good thing I feel like doing is giving someone some beady stuff. I think I'll just make you your initials with your choice of colours. I'm even willing to send it by mail if you're not in Miri!

Come on, I feel in the mood to be entertained!

p.s. The cramps have left. Now, I dare say I understand females EVEN MORE in that one night!

1 comment:

all3 said...

Great story...but I would not laugh at the pain you went through. It sounded really really bad. Hey, share about why you wish to be diagnosed with incurable disease...