Thursday, May 15, 2008

15-05-08 (Wednesday) "Girls' Soccer Champions - VJC!!!"

Two words. PRAISE GOD!!!

IT was a tough fight all the way to extra time yesterday. Saint Andrews JC's girls were one tough match! What an encouragement to see some Victorians actually sitting still n praying for the girls when we were drawn 1-1(The first goal they conceded this whole season and the 41st goal they've scored, I say they crazy, you say leh?). Hence, I thought that it's either now or never. So I just got down, and prayed too.

The dreaded penalties was SOOooOOOoo breathtaking!! We had to hold our breath every time the ref blew her whistle and the spot-kicker runs up to the ball. By the time it reached the 5th goal, it was some immense pressure. The atmosphere was building up. Kuan Ren stepped up and... SCORED!@! Then goal no 6... Their top-scorer(if not mistaken...) stepped up... kicked a slightly high ball...!! BUT THE KEEPER SAVED IT!!!! Our whole side erupted in cheers, full of exuberance... Then... Our striker strode up to the ball, went down on a knee at the ball(I assume to dedicate the kick to God...) and whacked it straight into the back of the net. All heaven broke lose after that, I tell you... Well, minus the Saints of course... Pun intended.

This match was pure testimony to God's love and grace. Last night, I got news that Kuan Ren(Our girls' captain) had dedicated the match to God. I guess with spiritual leaders comes greater blessings from above! ALL GLORY TO GOD!!!

p.s. These kinda matches and atmosphere are the very reasons that make me proud to be part of the Victorian family! These are the colours to canvas of JC life!

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." ~ Psalm 28:7

No comments: