Monday, May 12, 2008

12-05-08 (Monday) "To Mother(s) & Father(s)"

Cycling out of VJ everyday, I'd see some shiny, metallic black car parked by the entrance with the driver's seat window wound down and this tired man in semi-casual clothes lying back on his inclined seat, taking a nap in anticipation of apparent reasons. I recall the days back in primary school and secondary school...

I recall how I'd have English tuition lessons at MITS and when I come down, I'd see that car that I see every morning as I walk out my front door 'queing up' with the other cars, the drivers relieved at the sound of the bell resonating and the kids tunning down the stairs. My parent(s) would not have murmured a single word of complaint even if they've been there long. Now, if it were the other way round and I'd have waited for maybe... ten minutes, I'd have my 'pouting mask' on when I see the car turn the corner and upon getting into the car, I'd let the 'grumbling potion' that I consumed take effect.

Over the years, I realize how ungrateful I've been as a kid, as a teenager. Driving around ain't exactly fun(although it is...) when you've been sitting in an office doing loads of work and just got another whole stack from your 'Michelin lookalike' boss. It gets even worse having to queue up with some other impatient parents and to add on to that, bear the grumbling, bumbling, mumbling of a young kid who has much to learn. Therefore, I thank thee, mom and dad, for being so patient with my unlovable attitude in the past. On behalf of all the kids out there, if you happen to be a parent(not very likely...?), I thank you for all the 'chauffeuring' that you've done despite the lack of gratification. Know that your deeds unseen by men will be rewarded in heaven. WHICH IS SO MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE MORE MORE MANY MANY MANY MANY betteR!!!

I also thank parents for the great meals prepared for us. Breakfast, having to wake up early to go to Lutong to buy some you chak gui and tau woo hua on Saturdays; lunch, have to let the food cook in the morning then we just hafta reheat it in the afternoon; then dinners, have to give in to our demands sometimes and go to yucky KFC or nice but unhealthy McD's. Sorry for having to burden your kidneys with all that junk! Sorry for complaining so much when having to eat the 'leftovers' from lunch too! Then, sometimes, supper have to reheat the chicken soup from dinner just for our health (and also not to waste food...).

Thanks for buying us all the toys when we were young. The Power Ranger action figures; the Lego stash which ends up having half gone, being strewn all over the house as if they're Easter Eggs on Easter Sunday; The tea and other cutleries sets that girls played with; and even the waterguns that just led to even more wastage and messes all over the house! Thanks for being so generous despite knowing well and clear that all this stuff will be useless in less than a decade as new 'toys' enter the scene.

For all it's worth, all those mentioned above is token of our love as children to all parents out there. We love you and Happy Belated Mother's/Parents' Day! God bless you all for you, cos without you, there could NEVER have been us. (Meant that both literally and 'unliterally').

No comments: