Tuesday, May 13, 2008

13-05-08 (Tuesday) "Last Moments"

I've been exposed to lots of this Holocaust thing quite a lot it seems... In VJ, there're the movie "Life Is Beautful" and documentary "Paper Clips", the article in a recent Time magazine, then I saw this Auschwitz DVD at Neale's place.

What struck me the most out of this was the article in Time. After reading the article, the never-ending thought that came to my mind was... "What would I be doing if I were in a concentration camp and my days are numbered and I know that today may VERY LIKELY be my last day being mortal?"

Would I take the opportunity to really find someone that I can love and be glad that I HAVE loved?

Would I drink my favourite cup of tea over and over, forgetting all other drinks?

Would I try talking and getting to know everyone I see so that I do not regret not getting to know a certain someone who's really nice?

or... Would I continue to fellowship with God despite the hardship and give thanks for the salvation He's granted me?

What IS it that matters to you most that you would spend your last hours or days doing?

p.s: I'd really love to hear some comments. It's been awhile since the last one. :D

No comments: