Sunday, January 14, 2007

14-01-07 Blessings are '2-directional'

This morning, before heading to church, I went through my Friendster account and was reading through the testimonials. I was thinking how nice it feels to have blessed some other ppl. It really IS a blessing to yourself when you bless others. I also realize that sometimes it's not a matter of how big the stuff you do, it's the small stuff that really matter. Like... remembering one's birthday, listening when they're talking, look at them straight in the eye when they're talking to you, stand up for them, amuse them... Those kinda stuff. I know how much it means when OTHERS do that to me too! So... next time, if u wanna be a good friend, don't worry aboout trying hard to impress others. Just be yourself and show a bit of love and care and it's gonna work WONDERS!

At church today, i talked to this boy, Bryan. He's 13 but still very cute. He came from a boys' school so he still has this 'i-hate-girls' thing in his head. I was thinking how much he reminds me of when I was younger. Very funny. Anyway... I was telling him that it won't be long before he DOESN'T hate them anymore and somehow he didn't comment. I THINK he already doesn't but doesn't dare admit it only. It's funny how many phases of change we go through as we grow. First, we overcome the girl-hatey thing. Second, we overcome the puppy love thing. Third, we overcome the 'I'm-gonna-kill-my-"best friend"-for-stealing-my-gf' thing. Ironic, ain't it? Hahah...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha... not me i've loved girls all my life... lol. Sorry jo im guilty for not visiting ur blog for so long ... blame the earthquake but i guess thats just an excuse ;D

this morning some ppl (including leo's mum) asked about me having a gf lol! hopefully thats a good sign from God for some exciting things to happen this year . And we're already preparing songs to play when u return, thats in june i think? Music ministry has rocketed ever since u left, coincidence maybe? Jus kidding jo, we all miss you here.

also now im using a system leonard taught me.. elaborate next time, no more space liao haha. GOdbless!!!

jtkl89 said...

er... this doesnt sound like chung. is tat u, aaron? hahah...
U sure it's a GOOD sign? having a gf CAN b a hassle n i'm sure u noe tat. Hahah... Prob is... i hope i can really learn MORE while i'm here. 1 cool thing abt the churches here r tat every church tat plays the songs we play all haf enuf musicians so... I'm still trying 2 find my mentor. Hahah... How exactly has it rocketed? I'm missing miri 2, heheh...
using wat system 4 wat?

Anonymous said...

haha well there's the good and the bad when it comes to girls rightie? HEHE singapore is full of talented people.. i guess you just gotta be more thick skinned a bit and volunteer then show them what you are made of! Uncle dasline has a team now, and "Give Thx" really exploded the church last week. Oh and the system is like, everytime I finish reading my portion of today's bible reading I give a misscall to a buddi lor. Esther's not really consistent LOL.
Take care Jo, don't become too muscular, you'll make me look bad when u come back ;D

Kah Ying said...

lol! I used 2 hate guys too.. even walking wif them or holding their hands I also afraid ah.. Primary r like tat.. when they c a boy n gal walking 2gether, they wud assume they r a couple liao.. Come 2 think of it, it's quite immature lo..