Saturday, June 30, 2007

30-06-07 Which Type of Person Are You?

There're a few ways ppl get along in life. Some get along doing everything that can be done to fix a situation; some just sit around doing their own stuff, ignoring what others do or what help they can render; some sleep(Zzz...) while others do their stuff, pretending they don't know that others are doing something for them and; some others just complain that others don't do their job properly.

Which one are you?

The Bible doesn't only tell us to "be the salt and light of the earth", to do what we can for the better of this world. The Bible also asks us to "do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe".

Think about it... If you're cleaning the toilets at home and you're frumbling and grumbling away... Do you think others will be going like, "Wow, what a good boy/girl he/she is... Doing chores without being told despite complaining..."?

I must say that this is NO easy task. I imagine how my parents used to be sweeping the floor or mopping the floor or doing the dishes or clearing the table or gardening or... all those stuff and I'd be working out my 'potato couch' skills. Now, AFTER leaving the comfort of home and I start to HAVE to be doing stuff by myself, I feel what they must have felt, suffering there doing all that hard stuff while others who are MORE than able to help out just laze around and STILL can complain about stuff. For those of you still home, I hope you start doing what I rarely did... Help out at home. As for those who aren't... I urge you to not be so bitter about doing something for others or just something you weren't supposed to do. No credit here on earth means God decided to save it for the long run... in HEAVEN! It even earns you interest, from just a temporary pleasurable word of praise from friends to sheer pleasure... For eternity!

No comments: