Monday, June 25, 2007

25-06-07 We're not THAT different after all...

I suggest those of you who haven't seen this video on YouTube to see it. Look under "Kawanku", the 1 with just words and the person rapping in the background.

After my first 2 subjects for mid-year today... I have sth to say.... "SIEEEEEEENNNN AH!!!!"

It's not because of the exams, really! It's the PPL! I'm sure those of you in or from Chung Hua would know... I go to school, the first person I see starts off a conversation like the following:

"How's your studies?"
"Ermmm... Okla. Did what I could."
"Really? So you're all ready for the exams le ah? Confident le ah?"
"Er... Well..."
"Good la you! I didn't even manage to touch my book ah! Was playing for the whole holidays ah! Last night also couldn't help but play games ah! How? Getting ready to fail nia ah! Die sia..."
"Oh... Ok... Good luck failing then!"

... Well, the last line doesn't usually go off like that but, I sure wish I could say that sometimes... I mean... BS la! Prepared to fail le and still so proud abt it? As if la...! Then later the paper comes back and you get 80++ and THEN you start with the routine again...

"EH! I didn't study also get 80++! Heng sia...! Eh, how'd you do ah?"
"70++ lo..."
"What? Oh, only lose to me by a bit nia la."
"Yea, sure. I guess I'm really stupid to lose to someone who didn't even study and still beat me, yeah?"

Then, there're those who do something similar after the exams...

"Wah, how sia...? Die lo this time. Dunno what I was doing for the compo eh...! Only crapped around nia ah. Fail lo this time..."
"Crapped? But i saw you write two full pages wat..."
"Yeala! Crapped until two pages, no point one eh..."

... As if... Even ME the king of crap(literally) can't even crap for 1.5 pages and you can crap THAT much?

I'm sick of all this 'kiasu' type of attitude la! What's in it for you if you try to make me feel confident?! You'll get an extra 0.1 mark for every person you make feel more confident is it?

AAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby ham cai..dun be so angry la..TOO MAN liao...i'm scared of tht..but i love it..sounds aggresive..who gives a damn about tht...dun mind about those ppl lo..wat to do..jz be urself..they're born to say those things n yet score big..i'll always be by ur side baby...dun worry..muaksssssssss ham cai

Steve W. said...

Hell..

Its more or less the same here, not in the school but in the bloody hostel. And i feel the same, the awful feeling of living amongst professional crappers and in a place where KIASUISM thrives like nobody's business.

Those dialogues that you've put up sounded so familiar. So familiar, that i'm so sick of it i can literally slap the guy on the face if i hear that again.

Damn it.

toothfearie said...

lol.. they are just practicing "he who is first shall be last, and the last shall be first" :)

its ok guys.. let the kiasu be kiasu, but don let them affect you, because its going to be a double victory for them. Just compete with yourselves, and continue to grow and improve :)

God bless

toothfearie said...

oh and i like "you", very long havent heard that type of song liao :D

jtkl89 said...

my goodness... simon if u continue sounding so gay i'm gonna haf 2 ban u from commenting or anyth already, ok?

been thru the same places in life yea, cp!

I know they r, aaron... tat's y i dun SHOW it in their faces... heheh... I like 'you' as well. wan the rest of the album? show it off 2 leo oso la, heheh....

Kah Ying said...

omfish.. i DID encounter tat kind of experience b4 n still do now! all i can say tat those ppl r jz freaking mean, they say those to lower ur guard n ur confidence.. anyway, next time they do tat again 2 u again, jz smile smile to them nia.. smile to them as a respond dy considered very 'gv face' to them lw lor..

jtkl89 said...

tat's exactly y i said it's jz like CHUNG HUA, rite? heheh... yea. gd idea 2 jz smile at them. at least u keep them at bay at what YOU'RE thinking, rite ky? heheh...