Thursday, June 28, 2007

28-06-07 Gathering of Thoughts

Mid-years are over! I am SOOooOOooo relieved! ESPECIALLY not having to listen to ppl boasting how much they didn't study and planned to fail and all that!(For a while at least...) So, as celebration... I shall enter all the thoughts that I gathered over quite a while and didn't manage to blog about...

Now that I AM already 18 and a full-fledged adult already, I suddenly realize that next year I'm gonna turn 19, then the NEXT year, 20! WOW! I'm gonna be in my 20s in less than 700 days! My MY! I have to say... the difference between the following two years will REALLY be huge. I mean, even though it's just 1 year apart, being 19 and 20 is VERY different! The gap between 19 and 20 years old is actually MORE than 1 year, if you get what I mean... Wow... I wonder what silly stuff(s) I'll do when I reach 20...

" 'Men is Too Selfish To Be Generous.' Prove this wrong". This was one of the 'motto's that VJ used to encourage students to take part in this charity drive earlier on. I came to realize quite a while ago that giving is actually a form of 'self-praise'. Okay... My explanation... When you give someone something, they either like it or hate it. Either way, they'd usually be polite and tell you, "I LOVE this colour!" or sth like "OMgoodness! I can't believe you bought/made me this!" OR... They'd just be polite and say a nice "Thank you so much!". Either way, you still get words of praise or gratitude and that sweet smile from them as they tilt their head slightly to the left. By giving, you actually are "forcing" others to praise you back. That in itself brings great happiness and brightens up your day, no?

Another thing I got to realize is this... Listening to ppl ain't a very easy thing to do. Or maybe.. It's just NOT a 'guy thing'. Heheh... I'm not too sure. 1 thing I CAN be sure about is that it's hard for ME...! I mean, when ppl tell me stuff, I have a tendency to interrupt with a word here and there. So... Here I salute those who were attentive and listened in the past: Kar Wei(especially), Chung, Aaron Wong IH, CP, Janice Wee, Leo, Esther Wong Xiao... sth and uh... the others who I will add to this list as soon as my memory reboots.

Earlier on, I attended this thing in church for CG leaders cos my CG leader asked me to join him. It was abt mentoring. The speaker, Rev Edmund de Souza mentioned how we can mentor and how we can BE mentored. He mentioned that being a mentor means you shouldn't make yourself seem too clever or too superior. He said that a mentor should be honest and share his own problems too so as not to give one's mentee the impression that one is perfect. I agree totally with what he says. I also realize that (forgive me for my pride in saying this for those who don't think so) some ppl get this impression of me as being this perfect kid from this perfect family. I just wanna make it clear to all of you out there that it is ABSOLUTELY not true. I jsut seem to have such a full life bcos I have Jesus as my personal Saviour and my life just brightens up after I took Him seriously. Even so, I STILL have MANY problems that I guess I don't let many ppl know. I sin. A LOT! yea...

After being injured or getting muscle aches/pains and all that... I've come to discover this '3-day Rule' for most injuries and pain. The 1st day AFTER you exercise too hard/get the injury, it's gonna hurt quite a lot. The following day, it's gonna be a KILLER! SO MUCH more painful than the 1st day. The day AFTER that, it's gonna return to the 1st day's condition or maybe even alleviate even MORE! Days following the 3rd day will possibly see a complete disappearing of the pain or just slight feelings of it. Get hurt enough times and I'm sure you'll discover this too! Who needs biology? Hahah... I'm just kidding.

"We don't stop playing when we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." Well said, don't you agree? I read this off a McD leaflet encouraging families to join this series of fun and activities organized by McD. I guess it doing well to counter the unhealthy food it's feeding us, eh? Anyway, I am absolutely supportive of this quote. So next time if you see me trying to make a fool of myself or just thoroughly enjoying myself doing childish stuff or just playing around, don't tell me to "Grow up!" or you'd have just confirmed that you're officially old.

And to end things off, I have one thing to say... Thank GOD for round tables! Talking doesn't become such a hassle anymore!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dun really get it ham cai..many topics u write in ur blog..so i skipped many parts

Vivien said...

' "We don't stop playing when we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." Well said, don't you agree?'

I so totally agree to the above quote.

jtkl89 said...

haha... wat do u not get wo...? i ges i din put it in with the correct words, eh?

thanks 4 the agreement, aV. :P