Thursday, December 21, 2006

21-12-06 3rd day of Orientation and enjoying!!

After the last two days settling down here, I've been very grateful to have so many wonderful friends around me, many coming from Malaysia and the rest from India. I learnt a whole lot of Hindi from the affable Indians. Stuff like Namashte-Hi, Shuprabadh-Good morning, Tanirvadh-thank you, and some MORE. (Mind you, I'm not writing how it's actually written. I'm just writing it out as I pronounce them. Heheh...) They on the other hand are trying to learn Mandarin and the fun and laughter just never stops!! I guess God made everyone all over the world in His image, full of joy, eh? Heheh...

Here are some pics to show some activities we had over the last few days...

This here is Bobby dancing to 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars" as punishment. Don't realy seem like it, eh? Heheh...

This was taken at the URA(Urban Resomething Authority). This is actually the WHOLE Singapore on a miniscule scale, every SINGLE building!!

Same place, different work. This here is an enlarged model of the city centre... Sweet...

This building was literally in the clouds... Must be some guy in there who just proposed going, "WOOHOO, I'm on cloud nine!"

Ain't this just COOL!!! HAHAH!! This was found along Little India. So much for just no littering... I guess urine IS a form of rubbish too... NATURAL rubbish, heheh...

Nothing really big, just that... This is ACTUALLY a hand-dryer! Man!! The tech they have... Heheh... It blows all te water off your hands. Really! It DOES! oh yeah... I found this inside an Indian Restaurant in Little India.


Both taken in the same bus on different glass panels. The humourous side of Singapore...

These birds aren't afraid of ppl like they are in Malaysia. I guess their 'kiasi'ness ain't as strong as Malaysian birds, yea?

Seems like this guy's hugging the girl or sth, eh? We were just playing 'Untangle' during today's workshop session. Don't worry, that's not me in the pic. You do NOT wanna know what positions I got into... heheh... Jk... Anyway... We had LOADS of fun!!

Anyway... That's MORE than 10 pics there already. I'll leave some more for next time. And don't worry. I'll be taking LOTS of pics!!

Btw... Just to let you all know one mor thing. I'm SOOoooo glad to find so many Christiand friends over here. There's Elden, Daniel, Cheryl... They're all pretty much involved in church back in their sec school days. Chances are we'll be going to find a church together and going together or sth. I praise God for putting many wonderful ppl in my life! There're even Indian Christians - another Joseph! Talk about coincidence! heheh... Anyway... I think God put Arvind in my same room for a reason. Daniel told me about him ever attending church before and all but not anymore. Pray for him, yea ppl? God bless you all!! Till next time! I'll keep you all posted on how my hostel's like in the next entry!

2 comments:

Kah Ying said...

I tot it was kiasu n not kiasi?

Lol The untangle game looks fun..

jtkl89 said...

kiasu is scared lsoe kiasi scared die ma.. got 3 for them wat: kiasu, kiasi n kiabo ma...

it IS fun!! There're amny OTHER fun games but i din get the chance 2 take much pics, 2 bad...