Tuesday, December 12, 2006

12-12-06 Youth Convention 2006 R.O.C.K.

JESUS ROCKS!!
Rely On Christ out King(R.O.C.K.). That's the theme for this year's Youth Convention.

This is our room... Nice... NS ppl actually live quite well!

I THOROUGHLY enjoyed myself many a times throughout this camp. I learnt a lot too!

First of all... I realized tat... generally speaking, all doctors are sweet and soft-spoken. Why? Dr. Wong here spoke so gently and I was reminded of how Dr. Roy Wong and the OTHER Dr. Wong, classmate of my dad speaks.(Wow... Seems 'Wong's produce many docs!)

Cute lil' Samuel Tiong ROCKING away with Dr. Wong cheering him on!

Despite many of the youth seeming rebellious and all that type, they're still very disciplned. Whenever a prayer starts, everyone quietens down that you literally hear the fans turning!

I was very, VERY impressed by the team spirit shown by the youths there.

These are snapshots of my group practising. Despite not winning, at least we tried. Heheh...

Youths nowadays are too used to the luxurious lifestyle too. Just because there aren't any seated toilets, we find trouble 'doing business' already. I myself am guilty of that too, though...:P Let's just say we're trying to get used to how we WILL live once we get to heaven, yea? Heheh...

One weird thing's this. Good looks sometimes can become a curse! REALLY!! Some girls whom God blessed with good looks at YC made some guys with raging hormones focus more on those girls rather than the speaker. Thank God I'm just a normal kid with eye sockets, earwax, nostrils and a tongue! Heheh.

The sharing part was quite nice. A particular brother mentioned that if we touch ONE life, we can change one generation! AMEN! That's really sth!

Ps. Brian Chung mentioned how our generation - Generation-Y tend to use our fingers to do the talking. We lack the social skills our parents had. I think to a certain extent, it's quite true! How many guys out there only said 'i like you' to a girl over SMS and never face-2-face? Smae applies for girls. I wonder whether proposing can be done over SMS next time too?
"*diamond pic*
I luv u! wil u marry me?"
What will happen to romance? Family relationship? Ps. Brian mentioned how a kid and his mother could only communicate through MSN with him in his room and his mother at the floor below. How sad...

2 comments:

Kah Ying said...

Proposing is like a big thing so I dun think it will happen over sms eh.. Even if it really happens, then tat guy sure no ikhlas one..

jtkl89 said...

well... tat IS the problem. Most guys AREN'T ikhlas nowadays bcos of technology. They take the easy way out. LOTS of girls DO do tat too, mind you...