Sunday, October 31, 2010

31-10-10 (Sunday) “Sometimes, I Wish…”

That I could reason like Barney Stinson Sheldon Cooper.

That I could speak like Martin Luther King, Jr.

That I could play the piano like Artur Schnabel, the guitar like Sungha Jung, the drums like the drummer from ZZ Top (youtube this!!) any string instrument like the ladies from Bond.

IMG_1067

That I could handle a basketball like Jason Williams, a football like Lionel Messi or a shuttlecock like Taufik Hidayat.

That I could jump like Jonathan Edwards or Carl Lewis or Stefan Holm, run like Usain Bolt, swim like Michael Phelps.IMG_6014

There are many things I would imagine how it’d feel to be able to do different stuff every now and then. I would imagine most of you would have similar thoughts at certain points of life.

I’m actually glad I don’t get to do those things above. I thank God for making me the way I am. Normal. Even being normal, my pride is so inflated. Imagine how things would be if I could do some of those crazy stuff.

And in any case… If I COULD do any of those things… I would probably be wishing I could do some OTHER thing. They would never satisfy, I’m pretty sure. There is always more to go for if I can’t even be contented with the things I HAVE been blessed with now.

There are better things to work on that are within reach, in my opinion.

IMG_6021_2_3_tonemapped

I could learn to love and care for the needy like Mother Theresa.

I could learn to be a real friend, especially in their hard times, especially when it costs me.

I could learn to live less for my own desires, to stop buying unnecessary stuff, to give what doesn’t belong to me in the first place anyway.

I could learn the ways of Jesus in the way He lived, the way He treated people, the way He conducted Himself.

IMG_6063

We’re constrained by the time we have.

Therefore, I think its wiser to build bridges for people sometimes.

We can try to love as many as possible but it is not an individual’s ability to take on EVERYONE.

Hence, bridge one person to other people that one would get along well with, I say. :)

No comments: