Wednesday, October 13, 2010

13-10-10 (Wednesday) “Chile Mine rescue”

I write this while watching the 4th man, Bolivian Carlos Mamani, being brought up into the Chilean fresh air.

 

Just imagine, the suspense building up inside them as they watch their colleagues being reeled out, the anticipation of meeting their family members waiting for them outside, all the “what if…”s going on in their heads as they are elevated at about 1 meter per second, the euphoria these people experience to see light at the top.

 

I see how emotional the whole scene gets and I think of how I complain when the sun goes behind some clouds some days. I think of how grateful the miners are to see the dark night and I think of how ignorant I am of how blessed I am, to live each day as normal as it can be.

 

Mamani is out. He looks well. :)

 

69 days… I think the number of people and their unity played a major role in their survival. Any less people and the chances would’ve been way slimmer. Imagine being apart from all your loved one for that long. Hmmm…

 

I’m not rejoicing in the disaster but in the triumph over the doom and gloom over the past 2 months and more. Its nice to see the world stop and just watch together, holding onto hope that it turns out for the best. :)

 

19 years old, the next rescuee…

No comments: