Tuesday, October 26, 2010

26-10-10 (Tuesday) “Home”

As the time approaches for us to be heading back home, I start to day dream of home and look forward to it. And I think of how great it is to have a home to go back to. I imagine how people who have no home to go back and how it feels. I thank God even for the room I have that I can return to every day after class. The feeling of walking into Central Block, to smell the kitchen and have it permeate my clothes and stay on them doesn’t diminish its loveliness. I remember the days when I leave Canberra and head for home, the very smell of the kitchen invokes some nostalgia. The same when I just come back.

IMG_4892

And now I think of the smell of the grass on our lawn; the smell of dirt from all the potted plants lining the driveway at home; the mankyness of the house after being shut off for a long time; the rays of sunlight streaming through the clefts between the curtains, illuminating the dust particles floating in the air. I recall the noise of the neighbour singing(I’m sure that IS what they’re trying to do) karaoke over their home speaker system. The occasional release of the pressure in the brakes of the bus as they pass by our house. The shouts of the other neighbour’s kids on school holidays, playing with their siblings. The barking of pet dogs around the neighbourhood.

IMG_4885

Home is close. Home beckons. Home is where the heart is. The eternal home is worth looking to even more…

 

I think you probably heard of it already. There’s always this “ooOOooOOooo…!!” when it comes to a new relationship, both to those involved and those observing around. I think we gotta be careful cos’ infatuation brings one out-of-this-world but once it lets go of you, you do come crashing back to earth with a whole lot of potential going to waste! I just ask for support from you. We can’t do this alone.

No comments: