Wednesday, October 20, 2010

21-10-10 (Thursday) “Who Knows…?”

“For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him?…”

~ 1 Corinthians 2:11a

It scares me. It scares me a lot how much we don’t know about others. How much is hidden beneath layers and layers of veils.

Behind the smile lies the hurtful words said before…

Behind the heavy eyebags lie many sleepless nights, involuntarily reliving the moments passed, imagining how things could have been done differently…

IMG_6095

Behind the wave “hello” lies the intangible but impassable barrier formed between us that we try to climb over, to burrow under, to walk around…

Behind the blank stare lies the many discouragements that compress one to become unable to find a way to love oneself…

Behind the brief introduction lies the many stories that have hurt and cut one so deep the scars BECOME the veins and arteries the heart pumps through…

IMG_6774

Behind the many triumphs lie the insatiable need to prove oneself worth something.

Behind the many questions lie the dire need for attention, to remind the self that others MIGHT notice one’s (in)existence…

Behind every laugh at a joke lies a “if only you knew…”

IMG_7309

Behind the commonplace, taken-for-granted cheerfulness lies the torment of trying to appear strong, the desire to put others’ needs before one’s own.

Behind the workload accumulated lies the use of distractions to steer one away from crazy, senseless thoughts that otherwise cloud the mind.

IMG_7514

Who dares say they have come to grasped  what people go through. I myself get lost in all these sometimes, trying to pry my way out as I walk towards my bed, hoping my dreams reveal the “EXIT” sign. There is so much that can be done. But there is only so much I can do. If sth HAS helped, I really dare not take credit for it. My abilities are limited, to say the least. Thank God that He decided to use me in any way that He did. If I make things worse… I am as human as you are. Please do not expect any more of me than you would anyone else. “Me” is not as dependable as is “God”.

 

“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.”

~ Philippians 3:12,13a

No comments: