Thursday, May 14, 2009

15-05-09 (Friday) "5 Loaves and 2 Fishes"

I admire that young lad. I wonder what was going through his mind at that point.

"Gee... Isn't there ANYONE who has a whole wagon load of food to spare? No one? Seriously? Oh wells, I'll ask mommy whether I can give my lunch to Jesus."

Boy: Mommy, can I give Jesus my lunch?
Mom: That's only five loaves of bread and two fishes, my boy. I don't think its enough to feed everyone here.
Boy: Yeah, I thought so too. But maybe... Just maybe... There're some more people who have food as well but don't think its enough and... And when they see me giving, they might give it too?
Mom: I don't think so, son. There are really to many people here for your small lunch to make a difference. Besides, I think Jesus is busy teaching and won't have time to gather small portions like yours. Come, sit down and listen to Jesus with me.
Boy: Please... Mom... Can I just go and give it a try? Please.....?
Mom: Oh, all right. Go ahead.
(Boy runs off to Jesus with lunch.)

After sitting with his mom in the groups, the boy gets his portion of the fish and bread.

Boy: Hey, mom! See? SEE? I guess the other people WERE just waiting for someone to give their food first before giving theirs!
Mom: Yes, probably so. Good job, my boy.
Boy: Hmmm... Mommy? How come everyone else packed the same lunch as me today?
(Mom stares and suddenly raises her eyebrows.)


Amazing how God uses the little stuff that we have (as long as we have faith), and turns it into the a great miracle and happening, right?
If we offer a little to God, He can use it and turn it into something big but;
If we offer nothing to God, He doesn't return anything back, does He?

No comments: