Sunday, December 27, 2009

28-12-29 (Monday) "Gluttony"

Christmas was spent back in Sarikei, place of origin of dad, and then in Sibu, mom's place. Its nice to spend some time back with the relatives once more, especially with the grandies.

This trip back got me even less liking of overeating. I had to go through quite a fair bit of this in my short stay back, which wasn't the pleasantEST of experiences but... You know how its like with grandparents. =\

Eating till one is full is definitely fine by me but when it gets to the point of feeling bloated and STILL shoving it in, I think its just plain wrong. To eat till one is full is more than enough for one's survival. To eat beyond that is just wasting food as the utility gained is pretty much negative already and it does not contribute to a healthy lifestyle nor survival. It is as much of a waste as throwing it away, it appears to me now. Just think of the plenty of ppl out thr who're struggling jz to GET RID OF THE FEELING OF HUNGER... And I'm suffering from too MUCH food. Felt so guilty stuffing myself there back home. Will stop it from now on. *Repentant & determined grin*

If only... The food that I DON'T overeat on could somehow be channeled to those in needy countries... Hmmmm......

Going back to kampung really brings one back to the reality of the bare necessities of human survival. Its really just water, food, lodging and company. Water doesn't have to be sweet nor unique, just clean from bacteria; food doesn't have to be tender and juicy, just cooked and edible; showering water doesn't have to be warm and lovely, just to have water is more than enough... Anything beyond those is just plain luxury. Makes me count all my blessings that I have all around. =)

Awaiting

Anyway... Hols coming to an end soon for me. Looking forward to the start of the new year and new academic year!!

I've thought of some things to achieve this coming year.
Have you? You still have the next 3 days! =)

No comments: