Monday, December 21, 2009

21-12-09 (Monday) "God loves... you??"

Been listening to some Christmas songs over the last few days. I somehow miss the atmosphere in Singapore over Christmas, how everyone gets all Christmas moodyish n… its just so Christmas.

I recall the song saying that “Christmas isn’t Christmas till it happens in your heart” and also that Christmas is about giving. I realize that Christmas over the past decade has mostly been about receiving more than giving. I guess I still haven’t experienced a REAL Christmas yet.
But yeah… I just miss that Christmassy feeling, even if there’s no snow outside, no turkey roasting in the oven…

Since I’m talking about this… I think back upon the OCF Convention a week back and about this video we watched of the pastors in Singapore repenting publicly on behalf of their nation for mistreating foreigners in their country during the Global Day of Prayer.

*Sparkle*
All this while I’ve been telling myself that God loves me so much and telling others tha God loves them. I hafta keep telling myself often times that no matter what I’ve done, God still loves me. That His love is greater than any love I will EVER know or experience. And it is ONLY bcos of that love of God’s that I can love others.


However, it is only then that I realized… God loves others AS MUCH as He loves me!! No matter what they’ve done, God loves them the same!! I mean… Sure I knew that. But I never realized the truth of that till that moment. Its like… Actually, I can’t think of any analogies. :S I’m sure you know what I mean.

The gravity of that fact made me realize how much God WANTS others to know that they ARE loved and that He longs for their love back towards Him! Don’t you know that feeling? The feeling you get when you’re in love with someone and you wonder whether s/he feels the same towards you and you just wish it was happening both ways?

No comments: