Monday, February 19, 2007

19-02-07 CNY Celebration in VJ! (16-02-07)

Event #3: pre-CNY celebration in Victoria JC!!

We had to make a banner with our class.(one each class) All these were later put all around the school to decorate the school, with most going to the hall...


This one's my PERSONAL favourite.

Oh... I DIDN'T ask that guy to be there and pose for my cam. He just happened to be part of the band, which was up there and he just happened to look down. Seriously! I DON'T KNOW HIM!!

THIS one's the one MY CT Group made, no thanks to me at all.
Looks quite professional, don't you think so?
Anyway... Getting on to the celebration. As usual, it started off with the lion dance.

Poor lion, so lonely... Should invent a lioness as comapny and THEN they'll have cubs and then it's the birth of the 'lion CUB dance'!!
Then, after reading my previous entry, the 'kiasu' spirit of VJ was unleashed and... *POOF* They let the Indian Cultural Society(ICS) AND the Malay Cultural Society(MCS) perform!~ For CHINESE New Year!! Heheh... jk... Anyway...

The guys part was cooler... VERY amusing. With the 'moonwalk' thing... The cool moves...
Okay... Wushu... Can't say much. Just reminds me of OUR own wushu back in CH. Heehee...

MCS performance...
Moving on... The CNY costume parade. Sillyly funny. Hahah.. RELI! Okla. Sumtimes i think i say useless stuff, since I can't even explain HOW it was funny. heheh...

Following that, Chinese Orchestra(CO). Now, THIS one I was VERY impressed! They palyed like a REAL CO! Like... A REAL ONE!! Heheh... What's more they introduced a few WESTERN string instruments to jive it up, so cool!!

They then had the guests-of-honour, the elderly ppl sing some CNY songs.(Together with our cute principal, Mr. Chan...)
After the teachers left, it was MASS DANCE TIME!! It was really cool, the WHOLE SCHOOL knowing all the dances!! THIS is something that REALLY builds up unity! COOL!!
The 2nd pic's the ppl from my CT Group. Heheh... The guys were on my side so I couldn't take pics of them, you CAN'T blame me... *blinks innocently*
Anyway... I'm sure the elderly really enjoyed themselves, getting to sing on the stage, in the center of attention of so many ppl. Sometimes, IMHO, the attention on earth is only temporary so... Don't focus that much on it eh? Think of stuff that are more-than-temporary... the stuff that are ETERNAL, you know what I mean?

2 comments:

Kah Ying said...

eeek.. all those banners remind me of the banner i worked so hard on which eventually rejected by robinette.. hahaha.. the 'sweet' memories..

jtkl89 said...

heehee... u're gonna treasure them 1 day, dear... 1 day...
Hehehe...