Saturday, February 03, 2007

03-02-07 Where are the Troubled Ones? Hidden Behind A Veil?

For GP, we were handed out several articles to read, which we will be discussing as we return to school next week.

Once again, the many troubles faced by a vast majority of the youth in Singapore is brought forward. The fact that there's a significant augmentation in the number of suicides, sexually-active teenagers and other promiscuous persons is rather hard for me to accept as the current Singapore I am in shows me no such scenes. I'm wondering why God's trying to shield me from the ugly side of this world. Even back in Miri, I was only exposed to a small part of the nasty world. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing but... I'm seriously concerned that I might receive a terrible shock if I'm suddenly engulfed by the scariness of it all once I enter the society in the future.

Of course... I better NOT have to find out abt the 'sexually-active teens' part tho... Heheh...

"7Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, 8because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free." ~ Ephesians 6:7,8

2 comments:

Kah Ying said...

sometimes it's better tat u duno everyth.. escaping the reality may not be a good thing but it may be the only way when u face problems n blah blah..

jtkl89 said...

na.. i'd prefer to know the stuff that i SHOULD know. finally... there're comments again!!! HEHEH...