Wednesday, November 22, 2006

22-11-06 Where does all our tax go to?

With more or less one quarter or our income being paid off as tax to the government, it leaves us wondering how come our government is taking so much yet Malaysia is still advancing at this rate. After today's Mathematics paper, I finally found out what our money is being wasted for... Check it out...

Nice cover eh...? This is high quality paper. At least 80 gsm IMHO... The interesting part is the bottom part... Take a closer look...

Can you see it? Another closer look...

43 printed pages and 1 unprinted page... That's not just it...

This is what's inside... The question in Malay and another exact replica of it in ENGLISH... Don't they remember that we were taught using Malay medium? Maybe they expected us to go like 'Hmmm... I think I'll take the REALLY REALLY long time they give during our exams to slowly learn some English. Better yet... I'll attempt the questions in Eng first and then see how well I fare!'

My my... And to think that they're putting off illegal logging. How many trees DO they cut down just for 1 SPM exam I wonder. Not to mention the PMR, UPSR, STPM...

Another interesting fact of our education system that I came to realize is this: We spend many, MANY days of our childhood just to sit for exams.

After some calculation, I came up with a sum of 45++ hours of sitting in the exam room for all my SPM papers. Others aren't far off, let's just say the average is 40 hours. So... With the Sem. exam, 1st and 2nd Mocks and monthly exams... It more or less adds up to 200 hours, which is 8 days 8 hours. Wow... Let's not forget Form 4 and before that, yeah?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

exam papers pen lai liddat one. hehe. =)

jtkl89 said...

yeala, waste of money, wouldnt u say? so tat's y our country 'pen lai' dun advance lo...

Kah Ying said...

It's government exam after all so have to make it looks very high quality one.. There is an option for all the examinee to choose whether to have dual languages or jz 1 rite? I soooo agree with ya but I chose dual language in PMR in the end.. Hahaha

With 200 hours++, I could do much more meaningful stuff ler rather than taking meaningless exam..

jtkl89 said...

high quality... the system itself is slowly falling apart, i'd say.. they hafta keep changing the syllabus out of insecurity... My my... you agree it's meaningless eh?

Kah Ying said...

I dun c any meanings or uses in taking those darn tests.. do u?

jtkl89 said...

well.. on the bright side... they DO make us touch our books at least.. those of us who still haf a decent mind, tat is. no offense yea??!!