Thursday, November 09, 2006

09-11-06 Body language

I quote from http://www.mrotoday.com/progressive/online%20exclusives/BodyLanguage.htm

"By Lydia Ramsey

...Studies show that your words account for only 7 percent of the message you convey.

The remaining 93 percent is non-verbal. Fifty-five percent of communication is based on what people see and the other 38 percent is transmitted through tone of voice..."

I think a lot of philosophies and truth comes from this...'leadership through example';'do what i do, not what i preach'(or was it the other way round?)...

Anyway... I realize that this is why a smile does A LOT in whatever you do.
When you smile at an old man cycling along, you're saying,"Hey there, you old chap! Try not to fall down and land flat on your butt, eh? Have a great day because I smiled at you."
When you pick up a piece of rubbish along the ground, you're telling everyone,"It's NEVER wrong to do good. Being laughed at for doing sth good? That sounds plain ridiculous."

I thank God that he has blessed me to learn how to manage my body language BETTER(not well but better) after entering SMKCH. Much have I learnt and many have I taught. Well... More INFLUENCED slightly than taught I think.

No comments: