Friday, December 24, 2010

24-12-10 (Friday) “Just The Way You Are”

Seeing that Christmas comes tomorrow, I thought I’d share something on Christmas together with my thoughts on this song that has been playing over and over in my head recently. Pretty sure it has been ‘bugging’ some of you as well…

Bruno Mars – Just The Way You Are

Some ladies would LOVE to have a guy sing this song to them and mean it. I believe some guys would like the same idea being said about them. The cool thing is that there IS One who would sing such words to us if we would listen! God has already shown His unconditional and impartial love to us despite us taking it for granted! I’ll try to back up my points with some verses below.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

God … also made the stars. God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth… And God saw that it was good.

~ Genesis 1:16-18

Then God … created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

~ Genesis 1:26-31

What are the stars compared to what He had made in us? Even though we marvel at their beauty in the skies, its pretty crazy to think that God thinks they were just “good” while we were “VERY good”.

Yeah, I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look ok, I say

… “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

~ 1 Samuel 16:7

Isn’t it quite true that many of us can’t really TRULY accept the compliments that people tell us? We doubt the authenticity of their remarks. EVEN MORE when its coming from God and He gives us far greater compliments, expecting us to do so many things, to face so many situations that we do not consider ourselves capable of. And that we don’t see what God sees in us… I don’t think that even needs any explanation.

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

~ Psalm 139:13-14

God made us just the way we are. He did not forget to extend your foot by an extra cm. He did not lose His balance and end up spilling some ink over your body. He did not get drowsy and accidentally knock you on the head, making your growth stunted. He made no mistakes. He wouldn’t even consider reversing any bit of that creation.

Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she’d let me
Her laugh, her laugh, she hates but I think it's so sexy
She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

I can’t really find anything for this bit but…

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

~ Proverbs 17:22

So… Laugh more. Open-mouthed smile

Oh, you know, you know, you know, I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same
So, don't even bother asking if you look ok
You know I'll say

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

~ 2 Corinthians 5:21

There’s not much we CAN do to become perfect, cos’ we’re already tainted with sin. But God sent Jesus to die on behalf of our sins so that we become righteous THROUGH Him! We’re still called to do good but its only because of Jesus that we’re made perfect! Nothing else!...

… And that’s the whole purpose of Christmas! To celebrate the birth of Jesus that allowed us to go back to God!!!

So the next time you hear this song, remember that it is being sung over you as well! I hope you enjoyed. :) Merry Christmas to you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN. at times i am just amazed by how u relate everything back to God