Saturday, December 11, 2010

11-12-10 (Saturday) “Gratitude: Journey Mercy”

The media constantly has some breaking news of some train’s head-on collision or derailing, plane engines bursting, multi-vehicle carnage on some highway or a sinking of a certain ship splat across its front/main page. Finding such news is as easy as calculating the probability of it raining in a span of 24 hours here at this time of the year(100%).

IMG_8474

I’ve been looking back on all the trips I’ve made over the past decade. There have been many. Way beyond what I would’ve imagined at the start of the decade. I used to take all these trips for granted. Now, I actually imagine the worst case scenario for most of the trips that I make as I embark on it. Coming out of it unscathed at the end of the journey makes me grateful for just that – that I came out unscathed. I’ve been through several incidents where I was SO close to becoming the next day’s headline.

IMG_8532

This applies ESPECIALLY for the short, 2-minute trips to somewhere closeby. These trips are the ones that lead to saddest accidents.

IMG_8681

Don’t take your safe trips for granted.

No comments: