Saturday, April 17, 2010

18-04-20 (Sunday) "A Speech For You"

It didn't come out exactly as I planned but this is what it was supposed to sound like, with the context adjusted to fit here.

"There's a saying that goes: You don't know what you have till its gone. I believe that this is usually the case but I don't believe that it should stay that way. We always stop to think about all the good times we've had with the people we had around us only when they're no longer around. In every season of life, there are always people leaving us as they move on and we only start to dwell on the memories we had with them after they've left.


For a change, I'd like to do that while they're still around. I'd like to appreciate all the people around me. And what better occasion to do it than on a birthday, which, instead of being focused on me, can be centered around my dear friends and family for a change. After all, my birthday is the anniversary of my birth and what would my life be if I did not have the people that I have had or still have around, right?

Every one of you have helped shape me into who I am right now and I have only gratitude to express to all of you. This post I dedicate as a form of celebration of your presence in my life.

Similarly, I'd like you to appreciate all the people in your own lives as well. Think about your own family members, your parents, the friends who've played different roles in your life, like friends who drive you to shopping every week and let you drive their car even though its illegal, friends who play sports with you and show you how its done, friends who get scared by you and bear with it, friends who become closer than siblings, friends who challenge you to foosball when you're bored, friends who play computer games with you and scold you for being a noob and of course, friends who just make your day better by being who they are.

Having been shown so much love from God above, its only natural that this love overflows. Therefore, I wanna say to you now that sincerely, I love you, my friend/mom/dad/bro/sis/cousin/grandma/grandpa! Even though I may not seem very loving at times, It IS actually true!

The more I go through,
the more I realize it should be less gone through for myself.

No comments: