Friday, November 27, 2009

27-11-09 (Friday) "Smell Your Own"

Can I just say... It feels GREAT to be back home. Now, as I think of my home country, I am reminded of this commercial in Singapore.

Most of the time, it is not JUST the good things that make you miss someone/thing. Coming back home, I realize that I even miss all the dirty and worn out toilets in town, the small(er) shopping complexes, the lack in variety of shops and even the low level of hygiene at eateries around Miri. Those are what make Miri home to me.

In the same way, I think of how we tend to talk bad abt the ppl in our lives, how they annoy us, the petty little things they do that just bothers the pee out of us. When we separate for a while, those are the very things that we miss the most.

On another note, I was thinking of sth "coincidentally" in the toilet. Our faeces doesn't smell as bad as others' faeces. Ever realized that?

Same thing: When 2 parties do sth wrong, ourselves and someone else... The other person's wrong thing is usually wrongER than ours. Or... At least it SEEMS that way, eh? I think the problem is that we don't like to see the bad thing in us surfacing in someone else such that it kinda reflects us.

Big banana. BIGNANA!!
So, I think we should try to work hard on ourselves rather than start placing judgment and destructive criticism on others. Bear with me, I am working on it as well.

God has everything in control and His timing is really absolutely perfect. =)

No comments: