Wednesday, November 25, 2009

25-11-09 (Wednesday) "2012"

"who is this that rises like the Nile,
like rivers of surging waters,
She says, 'I will rise and cover the earth;
I will destroy cities and their people.'
Charge, O horses!
Drive furiously, O charioteers!
March on, O warriors -
men of Cush and Put who carry shields,
men of Lydia who draw the bow.
But that day belongs to the Lord, the LORD Almighty-
a day of vengeance, for vengeance on his foes.
The sword will devour till it is satisfies,
till it has quenched its thirst with blood..."
~ Jeremiah 46:7-10a
The Bible (NIV)

That was the passage that kept going thru my mind as I watched the movie. Well... not exactly this passage but one of these passages which carries the same theme.

Armies and military strength stand useless against God. Pretty evident through this movie, don't you think so?

I like how the movie makes me think: What will I be like when the end of the world comes? Will I still be frantically striving to save my life when I know I can't make it, like those who were trying to run away from a tidal wave? More importantly, when the end arrives... Will I be letting go easily? Or would I have gathered so much on earth that I just don't wanna leave yet?

I like Adrian's father's approach to life, that its d ppl n relationships in life that matter more. =)

Hope you watch and enjoy the show too. But even more, I hope you leave the cinema thinking about stuff. =)

No comments: