Sunday, August 30, 2009

30-08-09 (Sunday) "The End of Famine"

It officially ended 2 hours and 51 minutes ago.

The thing about doing this 40-hour famine is this... Its not the hunger that gets to you. Its the urge to just eat and stop that hunger. Food's everywhere... People all around are gorging down food like its free... And you just really have to control yourself for that 40 hours!

The realization I got out of taking part in this event is that despite me not eating for 40 hours, I actually HAD THE OPTION of eating. What about those people out there living on less than $1.25 a day? They don't even have anything to kill their hunger!

In the midst of the 40-Hour Famine, I was actually coming to realize how blessed I am, how much abundance I live in.

There's still time for you to give. The donations only close on 30 September. So... Here's the link once again...

https://famine.worldvision.com.au/famine.cgi?a=SPONSOR_&pn=29287126-6. My 40 Hour Famine Number is: 29287126-6

My sincere thanks and appreciation goes out to the people who have kindly and generously responded to my challenge to give up till now.

Sometimes I think its the laziness to just go to the website and spend 2 minutes filling in your details that's hindering you from giving rather than having to give up your money.
:(

No comments: