Saturday, August 08, 2009

08-08-09 (Saturday) "I Have Survived!"

You know the feeling you get when you've known a person for quite a while and one day s/he shows you something that s/he could do that you never knew before this and you just go "WOW! I never knew you could do that!"

Well, today was something like that for me, except that I knew God could do wonderful things and HAS created amazing stuff but I've yet to have experienced it for myself.

SNOW!!!

SKIING!!!!!!

Another thing crossed off my "To-do-on-earth list".

Snowy Mountains in New South Wales!! I was pretty impressed/glad with our progress throughout the whole day though. :) We started off barely being able to get ANYWHERE on our skis(I'm serious. I couldn't even get myself to this tiny bump along the flat grounds which is like only 20cm higher than the flats) to eventually getting down the beginner's slope with a tad of confidence.

Sure there were lots of falls and slips along the way(at least 24 falls in 8 descents I think... I think I averaged 3-4 falls per descent.) but hey, what better way to learn than from mistakes, right? This brought me back to the book by Philip Yancey again, how pain usually works in our advantage. =)

I SURVIVED!

p.s I am ready. Bring it on tomorrow, Bruises and Usually Manageable Pain (BUMP)!

No comments: