Friday, August 29, 2008

29-08-08 (Friday) "(Reclaimed land) Under Construction"

What an eventful day it has been... Rather, what an eventful NIGHT it has been...The hostel organized this ‘BBQ4U’ thing. Basically a bbq at East Coast Park(ECP) instead of the normal dinner la. Study break next week anyway.

Beautiful evening sky...
So, we headed there, all jolly and skipping together hand-in-hand *cues Beach Boys “Wouldn’t It Be Nice”*… Started having fun with the volleyball while waiting for the walking people. Then when everyone arrived, we formed our Frisbee circle and started throwing the Frisbee around.

clearing in the trees...
Then, we pushed it further. Ultimate Frisbee! It’s just captain ball but with the ball replaced with a Frisbee and instead of a captain, you score by getting something like a touchdown in rugby, pass to a teammate who manages to cross the designated line.

... Scene of crime...?
Anyway, it was all fun and excitement when suddenly Ming Hwei shouted, “Eh! Come here oi!” Then, I noticed Andrew balancing on a foot, seemingly squirming in pain. Running up close, I saw sth sticking through a toe on his other foot he was holding up. It was a FRIGGIN’ HUGE NAIL!!! RIGHT THROUGH HIS BIG TOE AND OUT THE OTHER SIDE!! *&($^!*^#$)!^

OooOOoo... Ouuuuuch...
All the panic and running around asking “First aid kit! First aid kit oi!!!! Ada orang tengah mati sini OOoooOOiiiIIiiii!!"

Andrew : Tell my parents I love them and I'm sorry for all the bad things I've done. I promise never to play bare-footed on the beach again...

Aravind: *bored*
*Cut scene* ambulance arrives… Brings him to hospital… And even though it’s been more than 3 hours since it happened, even while I’m typing here right now, Andrew’s STILL waiting for his turn in the operating theatre. Apparently, it’s all full till around 3 am later. So… I assume he’s lying on some white-sheeted mattress with metal bars around preventing him from falling off his bed while he’s staring at the freaky thing stickin’ out his right toe and praying that he got his tetanus shot in Malaysia.

Final product before transportation to hospital.
I was thinking of how little inconsiderate acts of people who ignore the proper etiquette involved when at public places cost so much to others.(LITERALLY! You know how much Changi Hospital charges for their OT or not?!?! I also dunno but I sure wouldn’t like to find out the way Andrew does…)

Amy couldn't bear seeing the squeamish scene
Then, it kinda came to me. How the HECK does a huge nail like that end up on a beach? Reclamation of land needs construction as well ah? I have nOOOoooooOOoOoo idea…

Please God, if there STILL are people reading. Give me a sign… If not, then let it be Your sign for me to stop blogging once and for all......

"Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love love love love
Listen to the music of the moment people dance and sing
We're just one big family
And It's our God-forsaken right to be loved love loved love loved"
~ "I'm Yours" Jason Mraz

No comments: