Sunday, August 10, 2008

10-08-08 (Sunday) "Why We Still Carry On"

Ever felt very small you're when with someone who just seems to outshine you in everything? Maybe he's/she's your sibling(Usually the case...). Then there are the times you just seem to NOT meet anyone's expectation in all that you do. Does make you feel that you should just stop trying, right?

Lin Wei's attempt at being the poster girl for the next hit horror movie...
I have that feeling very often too... Seeing Sam Choo, Eugene Chua and many others on the drums; Seeing Ernest and Ashley on acoustic; listening to Guo Si explain the Physics concepts to me; Playing badminton with Willy and Nugraha... Sometimes, I just seem to just be mediocre in everything... Sigh...

Amy and Arvind battling away with seriously high voltage involved while Pei Yi's trying to steal the limelight...
Life's just so full of those times, ain't it...

Playing around with my cam's panorama function again...
But...!! If everyone were to just be thinking so and NOT pursue their passion, then the Olympics might only just involve under 10 countries with just one hundredth of their participating athletes only then, no? I mean... If those who don't expect to be winning medals or even reach finals might as well just NOT take part at all since they won't be the best. That's the beauty of the Olympics and sports and also life! "Everyone's a winner" the cliche goes. I just love the marathon races and other endurance races for this reason, that when the last few participants just push their way to the finish line for the very sake of finishing what they started.

Arvind and Pei Yi being scandalous...
Think of it another way... If you're NOT excelling in sth, it just means that most probably isn't your gifting, and since God DID give us all unique gifts, that means those around you who've excelled in that which you haven't HAVE found their giftings and there's no surprise in store for them but for YOU.... Well, you still have sth in store for you! YAY!! SUSPENSE!!!

Been a while since I had this style of meal liao... Yum Yum!
Anyway... Service this morning was awesome... I was kinda weighed down by the pressure of studies but found peace just praising God despite the distractions. Elena presented a VERY well presented sermon on "Not Happy Ah?". "How To Keep the Joy of the Lord" the sermon series now is called. She did say some very simple but unthought of facts, really...

My collection of Coca-Cola Olympic glasses from free up-sized McD meals! Missed the first one though, darn! And no, I do NOT support eating McD or drinking Coke a lot. Moderation's the key...
1. Avoid reasons to be discontented
2. CHOOSE to be joyful
3. Spend time ALONE with God

Chia Weei, Tsz Kit, Johnson
Of course, there're those stuff that we SHOULD be discontented with: Abuse and exploitation of the poor, the procrastination in sharing the Gospel, pollution:), injustice, etc.

Arvind (trying to hide himself...), Lin Wei and Amy(HK girl)
Anyway, walked away from church really spiritually refreshed today. Praise God for Elena!

Amy calling her "han-nee" ah...
Oh... And for those of you who have Chinese national friends who can't watch some matches live and insist on no knowing the result till they watch the rerun... Here's a tip to annoy them. Print out the match report and go to the TV room during the rerun and start being 'The Prophet".
*... And... Yao Ming misses his shot...*
*... Oh, Kobe's gonna steal the ball here...*
Heheh... Didn't dare try it though, too many PRCs in the room right now...

Sorry, I HAD to take this picture when I was on the bus...

"I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
and the saints around the throne"

~ "How Can I Keep From Singing?" Chris Tomlin

No comments: