Tuesday, April 01, 2008

01-04-2008 (Tuesday) Which Takes More?

I just had CG this last Saturday, where my CG leader, Neale mentioned sth that kinda got me thinking. He mentioned how he was in Birmingham just recently teaching a class on Law n stuff like that and that there were many nationalities in that one class. The thing was this...

There being quite many Africans who're Christians in the midst of the atheist Chinese, the Africans just couldn't understand how these ppl thought. They marvelled at how these ppl could actually BELIEVE that there was no God.

Come to think of it... It IS quite true. It DOES take MORE faith to believe that there's no God. I mean... Look around you, doesn't everything around just scream out, "A Mighty Creator made me!"? How everything is just perfectly in place... Isn't that quite surreal if there were no Super-Duper Intelligent Being there who created it in the first place? It takes SO MUCH to believe in there NOT being a God. My my...

anyway... I chanced upon this site, "Top 10 Useless Body Parts" which is rather interesting n it kinda reminded me of this passage I read a few days ago, I don't really recall the exact verses now but after looking it up at Biblegateway, I think it's Romas 12:3-8. "so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others."

I think someday the scientists will discover that these parts of the body are actually very important in their own small ways...

(update on 04/04 - my mistake on the verse... It's actually 1 Cor 12:23-25 ~
"and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.")

No comments: