Friday, March 02, 2007

02-03-07 The Power of Prayer

My events for the interhouse sports competition in school was on this afternoon. I was praying this morning for it NOT to rain. NOT really praying very hard all that like sweating blood but well, I just prayed. Then, I took a step of faith and challenged myself. "Why not DON'T bring my umbrella at all today?" Sounds cool, don't it? Ever tried it? Well...

... These are two pics from my hostel, one floor above...

Know what THIS proves? That prayer DOES work. I'm sure the many other Singaporeans out there who were sweating their sweat glands dry the last few days must be rejoicing now. Prayer works even STRONGER in numbers. Wow... Lightning is tearing away at the sky even as I'm typing here! AWESOME!! The strength and power of God's weather!

You know what the BEST part is? It only started raining as I was halfway back to my hostel. As I was going to go abck to school just incase there was training or anything, THEN it REALLY started to pour cats and dogs into the huge drains here... WOOHOO!!!

Anyway... Just some random pics to update ye on figments of my life here...
The school library is so cool. I'm sure you can tell what this machine does? We just let it scan our EZ-Link card and then scan the barcode on the book we're borrowing and *POOF*! A receipt appears!! I guess that's why ppl are so kiasu nowadays. Even the MACHINES are fighting for the vacancies in libraries...
I'm sure you know foosball, touch rugby, softball and all sorts of weird balls... But have you heard of 'FLOORball'?
It's basically just hockey, except that you can use BOTH sides of the stick, there's no 'out' rule, it's indoors and everyth's so much lighter and safer! The ball's hollow and has holes around it!
We played floorball for PE on Thursday(yesterday-01-03-07) since it was raining. 6-on-6. It was FUN!! We beat 07S63 2-0!! WOOOHOO!! S45 rocks!! Heehee.. Sorry, got too carried away...
This here are a few members of the CG I'm attending, 'BOSS'. We're having our Bible Study then. They teach and train good stuff! Our practice of self-control is SEVERELY tested here as you can see that the sofa there is SOOOOoooo comfortable that you'd be tempted to fall asleep everytime you sit on it! REALLY!! (Chung... Sorry to make you homesick even MORE!!)

Awwww... Ain't he just SO cute!!

No comments: