Saturday, August 07, 2010

08-08-10 (Sunday) “Everything”

I remember back in primary/secondary school when our teachers taught us some tips on writing essays/compositions. One of the tips given was that when we ran out of things to write for a list of things, we should just use “etc.” or “… dan lain-lain” in Malay.IMG_7485And then I think of how I’m used to write  cards for others, thanking them for something, or just for their birthdays… And I realize that when I dunno what to say to them, I end up just saying “thank you for EVERYTHING!”IMG_7483 That sounds very similar to “thank you for etc”, no? Not very personal, is it?IMG_6816 The same thing goes into my prayers too. “Thank You, God. For… For everything! You’re just amazing! You’re… You’re… EVERYTHING! You… Made EVERYTHING!!”IMG_7549 I think God deserves even MORE specific praise. Why not thank Him for the cross? For your breath of life right now? For the warm and cosy place you call home, where you avoid the elements of the world? For that friend who helped you pick up the books this afternoon? For the teacher who spends time correcting all your mistakes in calculation? For the clear, blue skies?

You are God alone
From before time began
You were on Your throne
Your are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne
You are God alone

No comments: