Friday, July 25, 2008

25-07-08 (Friday) "Fleeting Emotions"

Okay... So maybe I was emo that day. Anyway... I think I've had enough blogging about how I feel and what I went thru recently and all that. Suddenly feels like some bimbo blog. Let me go back to all those days when I was more concerned with what interesting thoughts that flutter across my mind. No more "He got dunked, I won DotA" whatnot. More on "Why did God create if He was gonna let so much destruction happen in the first place? Maybe He created to make some fun for Himself to destroy?" and stuff like that from now on...

Anyway.. Just yesterday, I was in school for a... Heheh.. Jz kidding.

I wonder how many of you reading this now always wonder whether the speaker's talking to them when they hear someone say sth like... "You can make a change! Everyone CAN make a difference!" Kinda cliche stuff for speakers to say, ESPECIALLY at those motivation talks, right? (Of course you're saying all that, Mr Speaker. That's all they're PAYING you to say. Can you tell us sth we're NOT supposed to know?)

"The thing is this..."(Quote Arvind) I do suddenly realize how great EVERYONE'S impact is on ppl around them despite how insignificant one feels. E.g. A is a small member of the Scouts in school, barely manages to keep up with school work, and is just helping with washing dishes at home. Doesn't seem like A will amount to much, right? But has it ever occurred to anyone that all those big ppl in the world (Mandela, Gates, Obama, Zuckerberg...) started off from bring nobodies, no? But for our own context, I'd like to look BEYOND material success... I'd like to think of how much we can actually change in the lives of the ppl ard us. When was the last time you praised someone for doing some good deed or encouraged someone to do sth gd(maybe by doing so yourself? Like holding the door open for a lady, or picking up rubbish along the way...?) I think these small actions actually translate into long-term reminders for several ppl.

Some ppl just can't accept that they're actually making a difference to the ppl ard them. (Wa... I'm not even top in class, why would ppl even listen to what I say since I'm not even the whiz kid around?)I think one reason they just don't seem to be making any change is bcos they never TRIED to make a change yet. Try being a super nice student, super-filial son/daughter or even... Just a super-caring friend for a day. See what 'mixed reaction' or 'surprisation' you receive. Still don't believe me ah... I say enough liao la... You go try and let me know whether it is true or not la......

p.s Pics... Yours truly.

No comments: