Sunday, June 29, 2008

29-06-08 (Sunday) "Remove Our Temptations, Lord?"

2nd Common Test(CT) just ended Thursday last week. Only AFTER the last paper did it feel like the holidays had begun. The 4 weeks prior to that didn't seem much of a holiday at all...

During my Quiet Time a few days ago, "Our Daily Bread" featured this short passage about asking God to remove our temptations. It said that if God DID remove our temptations, then we'd have nothing to make us grow, nothing to test our character. So... Maybe God does let us be tempted so that we can become a stronger and stronger person! I guess that explains why my prayers about the removal of temptations have never really been answered. Will learn to pray for STRENGTH to overcome the temptations instead of cowardly having them removed instead. With great strength to overcome these temptations comes immunity! The temptations may still stay around but we'll become IMMUNE to them if we practice to go AGAINST them!

Felt a bit unwell as service today was about to wrap up. Screwed up a lot on the tempo, the others had a really tough time keeping up. I didn't even pay attention for the whole message. Felt so bad all the way till I got back. Just hafta realize that God has already forgiven me for my attitude now. *shrieks and tugs at hair*

ANYWAY...!! Hair For Hope 2008 is coming up! 1 more Sunday! Brace yourselves people... It'll be a GREAT surprise! REALLY looking forward to it now...

Track & Field Nationals coming up too! These two weeks. Gonna do my best after all the work these past 2 years. Gonna make sure it all pays off! We are ACTUALLY reaching the finish line now! Praise God!! Do pray for me, yeah? Thursday, long; The next Wednesday, triple.

"And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure."
~ 2 Cor 12:7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

installed parental control before in an attempt to do exactly just that, but your blog has the word whore! suprised? haha... out of our friendship, i decided to override the control and read your blog :P good luck and God bless you!

-aaron

jtkl89 said...

wat? u mean u cant enter jz bcos of tat word? my my.... is it TAT bad? hahah... thanks 4 ur effort, dude. appreciate it. dont seem many ppl reading anyway. hehehe...