Thursday, May 03, 2007

03-05-07 Randomnity VI

Last Saturday, I went cycling at East Coast Park(ECP) early in the morning before my roommates woke up. Yeah, 8 am is VERY early when it's the weekends... Here're a few pics to describe my 80 minutes journey to and from the other end of ECP.
Nice place, right? So green ah...! Notice the figure of men skating and cycling on the road? Well, they have special lanes by the side for jogging ppl. It's cramped enough in Singapore, wouldn't wanna have roller blade marks on your right thigh and bicycle wheel tread marks on your left cheek, eh?
Some MORE greenery! WOOHOO Singapore!
They have Little India, Chinatown and here in ECP, we have...
...Little Miri River!!
This tree here got me thinking of what the Bible said abt not worrying abt our future. A TOTALLY new meaning to how God "clothes the grass"(which in this case is the trees...). Awesome....!!

I purposely went down to the beach to do this. Heheh... Kinda free you must be thinking. Anyway... I was just hoping I'm answering some guy's prayer that happens to be walking down the beach that morning telling God,"God, please show me a sign that you are still alive and here on this earth!" And then he/she'd see my work of art and then...*cluthes heart* "Oh THANK YOU GOD!!" Heheh... The stuff I think of... More chances of CRABS seeing it than touching a life, eh? But hey... Only God knows...!!
Singaporeans take pride in the fact that Singapore is a like an eating heaven. I can't deny the fact that the choices here are really... WHOA! Takes the phrase 'spoilt for choice' to a whole new level. I wonder whether I can even finish tasting everything here if I try sth new everyday. Anyway, My cousin brought mom, Phebe & I to Sakae Sushi for dinner a few days ago. NICE!!
They had this techy-stuff going on where you can order stuff via this monitor and the stuff would be sent over in a few minutes. So COOL!

Just the first few plates of stuff that we grabbed from the roll-a-roundy thingy. We ended up having around 15 plates of the similar size on our table!!

Next! Ichiban Sushi! Remember Ps. Cheng Lian Hiok? She invited me out for a meal last night. Feel kinda bad eating out of others' purse...

Anyway... The food was very much different from what we usually eat(obviously...) and Ms. Cheng Lian hiok has also changed quite a lot. Short hair now. I almost didn't recognize her if not for her cute stature. Heehee... No offence yea! Meant it in a TOTALLY positive way!

Since we're already on the topic of food, here's some weird stuff we saw at a supermarket on Tuesday.
Small crabs!! Can be eaten just like that! Crackers!!

Here's a closer view... The cartoon crabs remind me of the employer of Spongebob Squarepants... What's his name again? Hehe.... I'm sure you can see that they AIN'T smiling, yeah? Poor things, they get eaten WHOLE by us...!

Look at this following poster.
Cute, ain't it? Heheh... Maybe we might get a taste of labor pain after trying that... Heheh... In the form of diarrhoea...
Okay... Now for even MORE random stuff...
A view of Orchard Road early in the morning when everyone's still lying on bed at home. And remember... 8 am on weekends early but 9 am on HOLIDAYS is VERY early!
The early birds of Orchard Road. No pun intended... Heheh... These are the pigeons that aren't really afraid of humans lo.
Just as we Malaysians would be like... When there's a branded goods sale, everyone packs up the place to the brim just to get sth branded at a lower price even though they don't have any need of it at all. This was a season-end sale for Nike Shop.
Saw this in one of those huge shopping malls in Sg. Crazy ah... 103" Plasma tv... My goodness, Place it face up and you got the area of my room already ah(almost anyway...), still can afford to store it meh...? Heheh... Oh yea... Sg ppl all well-paid ah. What more got a 20% pay hike just a month ago.
I think this scene is one that Singaporeans would look at and sigh. The care-free lifestyle is sth very rare among the ppl here already. Life is ALWAYS so hectic for most of them!
This really cute and interesting dog here belongs to a classmate of mine. Totally shaved except for his head. Very cute and friendly! Heheh...
Oh... This is the middle section of my college's Lecture Theatre 1. That's Bu Qing there reading her magazine as usual. She's one of the 4 PRC scholars in my CT.
This is one of the MANY, MANY corridors in National University Hospital(NUH). They should have a maze competition kinda thingy here. It's SOOOOOoooOOOOO big and SOOOOOoooOOOOo many turns here and there just to get to one place!!
Earth Day was last Sunday I think. Earthwatch decided to have the whole JC try 2 periods WITHOUT air-conditioner. And I'm sure just like you.... They groaned and mumbled and complained...!!
PHEW!! Too long didn't blog on random stuff, had too much pics to share. Heheh.. Hope you at least enjoyed a few pics in particular!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

simon a.k.a. superstar here..wat on earth u go orchard road early in the morning for??tiada perempuan cantik pun pada masa itu..got nike sale at the ngee ann there ha..got buy anythin for me or not ham cai??i see till air liur meleleh baby!tht's all i wanna say..byebye baby..have a nice day!

jtkl89 said...

go 2 meet up wif family ma. sorry, simon. haf been seeing perempuan cantik so often here it's no big deal anymore. Heheh... jk. Buy anyth 4 u? wat 4 buy stuff 4 u during sale? u nvr buy stuff during sales, rite? only when it's at the full, ORIGINAL, EXPENSIVE price, rite? hahah...
Man, you sound so pervertic... :P