Tuesday, January 03, 2012

3-1-12 (Tuesday) “This is for God”

Praise the LORD, O my soul,
O LORD my God, you are very great;
you are clothed with splendour and majesty.

God, I can’t even begin to articulate Your greatness, Your splendour in all the earth, Your majesty that makes all things bow down before You in worship.

IMG_1877

He set the earth on its foundations;
it can never be moved.

We try to make new things every day, every way to make life easy for ourselves but You are the one who made everything in the first place.

You covered it with the deep as with a garment;
the waters stood above the mountains,

IMG_1949

We take years and years and to build up a dam to control a little bit of water and yet

at your rebuke the waters fled,
at the sound of your thunder they took to flight;
they flowed over the mountains,
they went down into the valleys,
to the place you assigned for them.

IMG_1958

He makes grass grow for the cattle,
and plants for man to cultivate –
bringing forth food from the earth:

You are the one who breathes life into everything around. Everything that chirps, barks, moos, rustles, crawls, swims, shuffles… EVERYTHING! There is no end to Your creativity!

IMG_5484

The moon mark off the seasons,
and the sun knows when to go down.
IMG_4312

The lions roar for their prey
and seek their food from God.
IMG_28162

You provide for the beasts of the earth. What more us? I am eternally grateful in having You that provides for all my needs, I need not fear. I need not worry. I need not be anxious. Because You are faithful. Your love endures forever. My joy and my satisfaction is in You. You are the ultimate satisfaction. Not other people. Not material goods. Not achievements. You.

How many are your works, O LORD!
In wisdom you made them all;
the earth is full of your creatures.
IMG_2754

Billions upon billions of creatures. Each different from any other. How mindblowing is that?!

I will sing to the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
May my meditation be pleasing to him,
as I rejoice in the LORD.

IMG_5368

Because You deserve it. And even more than I can offer. What is my praise worth? It came from You to begin with. I only return to You what is rightfully Yours. Its not much but its what I can offer. God, You be glorified.

=)

No comments: