Friday, June 12, 2015

12-06-15 Crisp Mornings

Came into work early this morning to meet up with a pal. it was nice and crisp. A frosty -3 degrees Celsius as the sun slowly crept in in the wake of the canvas of colours.
You can almost make out the frost on the grass and the condensation on the windows in the background.

I like the cold. It is very different from what I grew up with. The constant heat and humidity.

I like the cold. It reminds me that I am in a land far away from where I grew up in. That I am in a foreign land. Not foreign in the sense that I feel different to the people in the land. I don't. I feel more welcome in this land than back where I came from, at times. But yet, I did not grow up here and was not from here. Even though I have actually spent a quarter of my life here now! It also reminds me that this is not my permanent home. I am just passing through.


My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore



I like the cold. It's different from the heat just a few months ago. The different seasons in the year reminds me of the different seasons in life. It reminds me that time does not stand still. That "change" is the only other constant in life.
One of the last leaves I saw in official autumn. Some leaves are still hanging on now!

I like the cold. It reminds me that man can only adapt to the climate and not actually change it, no matter how great or amazing our technology is. Geoengineering is awesome but we are still at the mercy of what happens around us!

What do you like? The heat or the cold?

No comments: